Friday, August 20, 2010

京都 (Kyoto)

Everybody has been asking me questions about my upcoming school year in Kyoto, Japan. Answering these and other FAQs that people have about my life in Kyoto is one of the reasons why I made this blog. Hopefully, it will save my time in the long run. Here are your answers.


  1. Assuming everything goes according to plan, I will be leaving Aug 29.
  2. I will be in Kyoto, Japan, which is on the island of Honshu (Google it if you don't know where it is).
  3. Contrary to the previous four years, I will be living with a host family. 
  4. I will be taking classes in English, not Japanese (no, my Japanese isn't that good just yet).
  5. I will be studying at Doshisha University (同志社大学), Kyoto.
  6. No, I am not planning on getting married in Japan, though nothing (but death and taxes) is ever certain.
  7. As far as I am aware, I will not be eating dogs, cats, snakes, grasshoppers, cockroaches, zerglings, or any other animals which a person from the western hemisphere might (wrongly?) consider inedible. However, as with the previous question, one never knows.
  8. As has become my ritual when flying across vast distances, I will not fly directly to Kyoto. I will spend two days on a layover in Helsinki, and then a week touring the island of Hokkaido with Kent, my Colby roommate. Yes, I might write something about that in this blog.

3 comments:

  1. heheh:) so nice of you to share this stuff with us :) would love to join you and Kento :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as far as i know, you cant even find dogmeat or catmeat here? i'm sure you can try cockroaches though, they should just be about running rampant in tokyo - its been bloody hot here. btw, hi, and all blacks won yet again :)

    p.s. wanna make the blog english? im too lazy to translate what 'pridat komentar' means.

    ReplyDelete